We’d love nothing more than to set you up with the perfect trip—designed by us and enjoyed by you!
Our Favorite Croatian Destinations
At Captivating Croatia, we create tours immersing you into the culture of the “Pearl of the Adriatic.” Go island-hopping in Dalmatia. Sip Zinfandel and other wines native to Croatia at their very vineyards. Or move inland to get “off the beaten path.”
Here are a just a few of the places we love to take our guests:
- Dubrovnik: If you’re looking to be enchanted by a city, look no further than Dubrovnik. Truly a “royal” city (Dubrovnik is the filming location for Game of Thrones’ King’s Landing), you’ll be amazed by the well-preserved medieval architecture and white marble streets.
- Split: In Split, you should embrace being a tourist and take a tour of Diocletian’s Palace, the original contender for Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous! After your tour, settle into a restaurant for culinary delights and surprising local wines.
- Zagreb: Croatia’s capital city is a blend of old and new, full of history, but with an electric nightlife! And don’t miss out on Plesivica, a sparkling wine region nearby!
- Slavonia: This idyllic region of Croatia is the heartland of rural, rustic charm. Here you’ll find artisanal cheeses, fine wines, and mouth-watering cured meats.
- Istria: The Istrian Peninsula greatly embraces the Italian culture just west. Truffles and olive oil are your “must tastes” here.
- Pag: Don’t miss out on the opportunity to taste Pag’s unique cheese, paski sir, made from sheep’s milk on this Dalmatian island.
- Ston: Marvel at Europe’s largest stone wall, second only in the world to the Great Wall of China.
- Peljesac: This region in Croatia’s South beckons anyone who considers themself a true oenophile.
- Zadar: Love the idea of Dubrovnik, but not so much the crowds? Zadar is for you. This city on the Dalmatian Coast has the beauty and history of Dubrovnik, but is much quieter, cheaper, and has a solar-powered public dance floor!
- Plitvice Lakes: The turquoise waters of the Plitvice Lakes just scratch the surface of the beauty in this region. Come for the lakes, but stay for the wondrous waterfalls, abundant flora and fauna, and other breathtaking scenery.
- Sibenik: This UNESCO World Heritage city has a fortress to explore, ancient cathedral to appreciate, and many other well-preserved medieval landmarks just waiting to be photographed.
- And many more!
Is there a particular region you’re aiming to visit in Croatia? Or perhaps products or a Croatian specialty you’d like to immerse yourself in?
From visiting vineyards, to witnessing the art of making cheese, to going on the hunt for truffles—there’s a culinary adventure for everyone in Croatia.